Monday, November 28, 2011
Tips for Women Traveling Solo
1) After choosing your destination research the Internet for information on vacation packages. I find that packages offer you more bang for your bucks. especially one that includes accommodations, meals, local excursions.
2) Look into booking a room at a bread and breakfast. I booked a room at a bread and breakfast on the island of Barbados a few years ago and the cost was about $ 41.00 per night including daily breakfast.
3) Inquire about hotel neighbourhoods so that you comfortable going out alone. Are they centrally located, safe areas? is there a shuttle bus service so that you can explore on your own?.
4) If you are worried to go solo its okay to join a group, just make sure to choose one with a maximum of 25 people, who travel in one bus and stay at the same hotel.
5) If joining a group analyze the itinerary carefully. How much free time will you have, do the guides carry a mobile phone just in case of emergency, Ask about Meal seating, is there assigned seating for solo travelers.
As the travel season get's in high gear. I wish you my readers a safe and enjoyable travel season.
By Freda Gore
Tour Host Caribbean Culinary Tours